Patent-pending Innovations in Every Category Set the Stage for Another Year of Growth
January 16, 2019 [Dover, NH] — NEMO, award-winning designer of outdoor adventure gear that is designed to keep you warmer, drier, and more comfortable, is launching its Spring/Summer 2019 product line this week. This new collection includes a complete refresh of the sleeping pad line, as well as patent-pending innovations and new introductions throughout the tent and sleeping bag categories.
“I’m incredibly proud of this new line,” shares Cam Brensinger, Founder, CEO, and Lead Designer. “We tackled some difficult challenges that required great teamwork between design and engineering. The most satisfying part of the process is making new things and new solutions – design that moves people and improves their experience of adventure. I believe we accomplished that again this year.”
Ultralight Tents Just Got More Livable
This year, NEMO’s focus within tents was on the ultralight and backpacking experiences.
- The patent-pending Flybar™ volumizing pole clip in Hornet™ and Hornet™ Elite adds interior volume at the head where it matters most.
- Rocket 2P™, weighing just 1 lb., 6 oz., utilizes NEMO’s new T-frame in a patent-pending design that sets a new standard for comfort and livability in the ultra-ultra-lightweight category.
- Dragonfly™ was designed to bridge the gap between light and ultralight, and strikes the ideal balance of weight and comfort for many backpackers.
- Dagger™ is updated with pre-bent poles and increased livable space.
With an understanding of the importance of easy, intuitive tent setup, NEMO also embarked on a series of studies to understand and improve the experience, adding color-coded poles, matching webbing, and easy-to-secure clips.
Sleeping Pads Bring Line-Wide Innovation with Zero Profile Valves and New Designs
2019 brings the biggest innovations yet in NEMO sleeping pads. With the introduction of the new patent-pending Laylow™ multivalve across the entire line, and the release of a closed-cell foam pad and self-inflating pad to round out the line, the 2019 pad line is poised to deliver game-changing comfort for any adventure. Among the most exciting introductions are the following:
- Switchback™ is NEMO’s entrée into the closed-cell foam category, with a pad that has more loft and warmth at a smaller packed size.
- Cosmo™ 3D is the first body-contoured air pad, solving the problem of keeping sleepers on their pads on the uneven ground of the backcountry.
- Tensor™ Alpine is a remarkably lightweight cold-weather pad offering protection down to -20F at just 17 oz.
- Roamer™ brings home mattress-level comfort to camping adventures with just over 4” of supportive open-celled foam, but because of clever coring, packs to half the size of its competitors.
- Vortex™ high-capacity pump sack is now included with NEMO ultralight pads, including Tensor™, Tensor™ Alpine, and Astro™ Lite, and will soon be available as a stand-alone product.
Technical, Ultralight Bags Get Lighter and More Compressible
While previous lines have introduced comfortable side-sleeping solutions, the emphasis this year was on elite performance and ultralight solutions.
- NEMO introduces FeatherCore™, a patent-pending synthetic insulation construction that matches or beats the leading 650FP down bags on the market in weight and compressibility, while retaining the performance benefits of synthetic. Featured in the new Kyan™ men’s and Azura™ women’s mummies, this innovation evens the playing field between down and synthetic insulation and sets the stage for wider adoption of synthetic.
- Kayu™ men’s and Aya™ women’s down mummies were introduced to offer a superior technical mummy bag for adventures where performance is paramount.
- Within ultralight quilts, the new Banshee™ brings versatility, while the popularTango™ and Siren™ are updated with thoughtful sculpting to save ounces.
NEMO also introduced several camp accessories including a craftsman style, heirloom quality camp hammer, Meldr™; the Airpin™ ultralight tent stake; and a refreshed line of blankets, including Puffin™ and Victory™. These additions to the line underscore NEMO’s commitment to improving the experience of outdoor adventures.
To locate a NEMO dealer, visit their online dealer locator.
NEMO is a New Hampshire-based outdoor gear design company known for creating award- winning products that are built to last, comfortable and fun to use. Recently recognized by New Hampshire Businesses for Social Responsibility as a small business leader for the environment, NEMO’s Founder and CEO, Cam Brensinger, was also named one of the outdoor industry’s Best & Brightest – 26 people setting the outdoor industry on fire by Outdoor Retailer Daily in 2017. The brand has won over 60 major awards for its designs since its founding in 2002. NEMO’s reputation for design innovation across its product lines—tents, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, hammocks, and furniture—is an outgrowth of their design philosophy to never bring anything to market that doesn’t offer a meaningfully better experience. Their team of designers and engineers are motivated by a passion for outdoor adventure and sustainability.
Media Contact: Kate Ketschek at firstname.lastname@example.org.