Feeling like a bougie camp breakfast? Look no further with Camp Yoshi's ultimate breakfast sandwich. It's savory and flavorful, so you'll feel full for a day on trail or in the backcountry.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 lb sliced smoked salmon
- 12 eggs
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp of butter softened and divided
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 cup chives
- 1/4 fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 4 brioche burger buns
1. Mince shallot and combine with parsley, chives and dill, both chopped. Set aside.
2. Preheat a large skillet. Add oil and toast brioche buns until golden brown. Set aside.
3. Whisk your eggs and butter together. Add 1/4 of your chives, chopped, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Return the skillet to medium heat and melt butter in the pan. Add eggs and gently scramble until fully cooked. Remove pan from burner.
5. Build the sandwiches by first adding the egg scramble to the bottom bun. Stack 3 slices of the smoked salmon on top and finish by sprinkling with the remaining herb mixture.
6. Place other half of the bun on top and enjoy!
Camp Yoshi creates a space for Black folks and allies to unplug, in order to reconnect with the wilderness. The Camp Yoshi collective pulls this off by custom-designing guided outdoor adventures that speak to our shared experience. They carefully architect routing, gourmet menus, supplies, and visual documentation for each expedition. Whether you’re a first-time camper, intimidated by the idea of camping, or lack gear, Camp Yoshi is a resource that can help you start your journey into enjoying the outdoors. This year, NEMO’s sleep systems will be on all Camp Yoshi trips with select adventures exclusively outfitted with NEMO gear!