All NEMO products are covered by our Lifetime Warranty and we’re happy to help repair your gear, but when the fresh air’s calling, sometimes you just can’t wait — that’s where this easy DIY fix comes in.
Over time, the waterproofing finish on your tent can degrade, so it’s best to re-apply a new finish every 1–2 seasons. You can prolong the life of your tent by wiping down the material after each trip and letting it air dry before packing away.
Tools & Materials Needed:
- Technical wash (We recommend Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarWash)
- Waterproofing agent (We recommend Nikwax Tent & Gear SolarProof®)
- Pitch your tent to more easily clean and refresh all areas of the fabric. Dirt and dust build-up will attract water to fabric, so keeping a clean slate is best practice and also preps the material for a new waterproof finish.
- Spray the tent with a technical wash and rub it into the material evenly with a damp sponge or cloth. Take care to address any noticeably dirty areas.
- Rinse with clean water.
- While the tent fabric is still wet, apply the waterproofing agent. (Make sure you spray all seams.) Wipe away any excess liquid and allow the tent to dry in direct sunlight.
For even more info about waterproofing, check out this blog post.