All NEMO products are covered by our Lifetime Warranty and we’re happy to help repair your gear, but when the fresh air’s calling, sometimes you just can’t wait — that’s where this easy DIY fix comes in.
Regular washing of sleeping bags and tents should help keep zippers in good condition, but they might occasionally feel stiff and in need of some extra TLC.
Tools & Materials Needed:
- Old toothbrush (optional)
- Zipper cleaner/lubricant (We recommend Gear Aid Zipper Cleaner and Lubricant)
- Unzip the zipper and use a small brush to scrub up and down both sides of the zipper to remove dirt. You can use an old toothbrush designated for these types of chores, or the brush that’s built into a product like Gear Aid’s Zipper Cleaner and Lubricant (our rec).
- Once dirt has been removed, apply lubricant to your brush and apply to both sides of the zipper.
- Test out the zipper to see if any issues persist; if so, repeat the process outlined above.
Use a small brush and zipper cleaner to clean the zipper track.
If you still need help, don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service team for further assistance! For more DIY repairs, check out the list our Warranty Manager and repair expert, Andrew Baxley, put together here.