Easy Fix: Sleeping Bag Has Seen Better Days
All NEMO products are covered by our Lifetime Warranty and we’re happy to help repair your gear, but when the fresh air’s calling, sometimes you just can’t wait — that’s where this easy DIY fix comes in.
Keep your camp bed feeling fresh, comfy, and cozy with regular cleaning and maintenance. Ideally, you should give it a good wash before packing it away for the season, and use a large, front-loading washing machine (hit up a laundromat) or a top-loading machine without an agitator.
Tools & Materials Needed:
- Front-loading or top-loading washing machine (without an agitator)
- Technical wash (We recommend Nikwax Down Wash Direct, Nikwax Down Proof™ , or Nikwax Tech Wash®)
- Clean tennis balls (optional)
- Unzip your bag completely and load it into the washing machine.
- Add the proper cleanser, taking care to choose one that’s tailored for either Down or Synthetic bags, specifically.
- Wash on the gentle setting. Selecting an extra spin cycle or two can help get excess water out of the bag.
For a down bag: Put in the dryer for multiple cycles on low heat, along with clean tennis balls or dryer balls to help re-fluff the down.
For a synthetic bag: Hang to dry or put in the dryer on low heat to speed the process.
- If storing your bag for more than 1 month, store it uncompressed to maintain its loft until the next trip.
Note: A low heat setting is always recommended because higher temperatures can warp or damage technical fabrics.
If you still need help, don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service team for further assistance! For more DIY repairs, check out the list our Warranty Manager and repair expert, Andrew Baxley, put together here.