NEMO is growing fast and demand for our innovative outdoor gear has never been higher. To ensure that we can continue to provide great service to our distributors, retail partners, and end consumers, we’re seeking an experienced Master Data Manager to join our team.
NEMO is located in a newly refurbished and repurposed mill building in downtown Dover, NH. We are a team of dedicated outdoor enthusiasts, backpackers, hikers, bikers, surfers, kayakers, skiers, and snowboarders and we love to get outside and use the gear that NEMO makes. Dogs are welcome.
Sure, you’ve got to bring top notch master data management skills to the role, but also a passion for the outdoors, great people, great products, and a job well done. Send us a resume and cover letter telling us why you will be an especially great addition to our team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Mission & Scope:
The Master Data Manger’s primary responsibility is to develop, document, and implement data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the company data is consistent and dependable. This position is responsible for the integrity of master data in NEMO’s product lifecycle management, enterprise resource planning, product information management and other integrated business systems. The Master Data Manager actively engages and works with cross functional teams to manage the entry and maintenance of master data to facilitate line planning, communication of specifications, forecasting, sales, production, and fulfillment related to NEMO’s global product offering in accordance with the go-to-market calendar. Master data for NEMO includes materials, products, vendors and customers, all of which are used organization-wide in both transactions and reporting.
This position reports to the Supply Chain Manager and interfaces with all functions and levels of the NEMO organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, document, and implement data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the company data is consistent and dependable
- Manage the integrity of master data in NEMO’s product lifecycle management, enterprise resource planning, product information management and other integrated business systems
- Work with cross functional teams to manage the entry and maintenance of master data to facilitate line planning, communication of specifications, forecasting, sales, production, and fulfillment related to NEMO’s global product offering in accordance with the go-to-market calendar.
- Maintain data governance policy documents and standard operating procedures
- Provide guidance & training to master data owner and business partners on master data standards, protocols and impacts
- Proactively perform periodic data cleansing reviews to ensure the quality of the master data
- Perform regular audits to review master data in Centric, NetSuite, and Salsify, working with the data owners and functional groups to verify all information is current and complete
- Develop tools that flag discrepancies and ensure corrective methods are in place to address efficiently
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve errors and assist other master data owners or business partners with master data issues
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or relevant field
- Two or more years of direct work experience as a master data manager, preferably with a consumer products company
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills with a demonstrated track record of success in managing a process
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, but able to present the big picture
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage cross-functional relationships and influence business decisions with internal and external partners.
- Self-directed, flexible and able to work independently and initiate own tasks with input/guidance from manager
- Must read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
- Passion for the outdoors and outdoor gear.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally up to 10%.
- Proficient PC Skills (Microsoft Office, particularly Excel)
- Prior experience with ERP systems
- Familiarity with Centric, NetSuite or Salsify a plus
General Summary of Responsibilities:
This job description is not all-inclusive and is only intended to describe the general nature of the work. All job responsibilities are considered to be essential job functions. Job responsibilities and job requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals as it deems necessary for proper business operations.
How to Apply:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a cover letter and resume. Please include the words “Master Data” in the subject line of the email. Candidates that look to be a promising fit will be contacted as quickly as possible.