Below is the position profile – but read between the lines. What we really want is someone who is passionate, someone with enthusiasm – for logistics, the outdoors, great products, and for a job well done. You are a brand ambassador, a creative and able problem-solver, and love a challenge. You work hard and play hard. You get outside and actually use the gear that NEMO makes.
We are located in a newly refurbished and repurposed mill building in downtown Dover, NH. We have a team of outdoor enthusiasts, backpackers, hikers, bikers, surfers, kayakers, skiers, and snowboarders. Send us a resume, sure – but shoot us an email with it to email@example.com, and tell us why you will be an especially great addition to our team. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Mission & Scope:
The primary function of this position is to coordinate transportation of goods from overseas factory partners to international distribution centers and onward to customers in the markets that NEMO serves. Coordinate daily operations between NEMO and its 3PL partners, vendors, distributors, and retail customers, ensuring timely delivery of finished goods, optimally balancing cost and service level. Measure and manage the performance of NEMO’s logistics services partners to ensure that NEMO is receiving its contracted levels of service and pricing.
This position reports to the Purchasing Manager and interfaces with all functions and levels of the NEMO organization, as well as with sales reps, distributors, manufacturing partners, and logistics services providers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate transportation of finished goods from overseas factory partners to distribution points all over the world and on to NEMO’s customers, focusing on achieving the best price for the level of service required.
- Coordinate daily operations between NEMO and its logistics services partners, ensuring smooth and timely communication of PO receipts, sales orders, fulfillments, work orders, and notification of any errors or exceptions.
- Develop and manage logistics partner relationships and monitor partner performance including cost, service, and quality.
- Process import and export (air/ocean) shipments including preparation of all relevant documentation (commercial invoice, Shipper’s Letter of Instruction, etc.).
- Provide transportation quotes and investigate and recommend optimal shipping options and coordinate with customers/vendors.
- Provide 3PL partners with a rolling 13-week forecast of inbound and outbound units to assist with labor and capacity planning.
- Be the subject matter expert on customer shipping compliance and routing guides. Ensure that our 3PL partners follow these guidelines precisely.
- Coordinate and communicate with vendors, freight forwarders, and 3PL partners to track and ensure timely acquisition and delivery of shipments.
- Communicate often and effectively with key stakeholders regarding finished goods logistics.
- Analyze costs for inbound and outbound freight to identify opportunities for improved monitoring and cost savings.
- Establish and maintain logistics procedures and systems, and ensure compliance with state, federal, and international regulations.
- Develop and implement a logistics cost reporting process and reduce logistics costs as a percent of cost of goods sold on an annual basis.
- Coordinate cycle and year-end inventory counts with NEMO’s 3PL partners and accounting team.
- Troubleshoot and promptly resolve logistics issues as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Strong analytical & computer skills (MS Office).
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detail-oriented, but able to present the big picture.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Must read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
- Team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage cross-functional relationships and to influence business decisions with internal and external partners.
- Passion for the outdoors and outdoor gear.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally up to 10%.
- Two or more years of international logistics and/or import/export experience is highly preferred.
General Summary of Responsibilities:
This job description is not all-inclusive and is only intended to describe the general nature of the work. All job responsibilities are considered to be essential job functions. Job responsibilities and job requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals as it deems necessary for proper business operations. Duties are subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of the Company.
How to Apply:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a cover letter and resume. Please include the words “Global Logistics Coordinator” in the subject line of the email. Candidates that look to be a promising fit will be contacted as quickly as possible.