NEMO is growing fast and demand for our innovative outdoor gear has never been higher. To ensure that we can continue to provide great service to our distributors, retail partners, and end consumers, we’re seeking an experienced Demand Planner to join our team.
NEMO is located in a newly refurbished and repurposed mill building in downtown Dover, NH. We are a team of dedicated outdoor enthusiasts, backpackers, hikers, bikers, surfers, kayakers, skiers, and snowboarders and we love to get outside and use the gear that NEMO makes. Dogs are welcome.
Sure, you’ve got to bring top notch demand planning skills to the role, but also a passion for the outdoors, great people, great products, and a job well done. Send us a resume and cover letter telling us why you will be an especially great addition to our team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Mission & Scope:
The primary function of this position is to develop and manage the global demand plan to optimally balance sales, service, and inventory requirements. The Demand Planner will create and maintain a demand forecast model by sales channel, product category, and SKU for the NEMO business, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer POS data, and other sources. This position leads a monthly forecast review with the sales channel managers and customer service team to review and update demand forecast model assumptions in a continuous effort to improve forecast accuracy and the overall demand planning process. Additional responsibilities include sales and inventory analysis and reporting to identify sales opportunities and manage inventory levels.
This position reports to the COO and interfaces with all functions and levels of the NEMO organization, as well as with sales reps, distributors, and key retailers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the global demand plan by sales channel, product category, and SKU to optimally balance sales, service, and inventory requirements.
- Review NEMO historical sales and inventory data, market sell through data, and key account POS and inventory data, along with information from the sales, marketing, product, customer service, and finance teams to develop and document a set of assumptions for creation of the demand forecast.
- Build the demand forecast and collaboratively test the assumptions.
- Lead monthly forecast reviews with NEMO stakeholders to report and investigate variances.
- Adjust forecast model assumptions based on new information in a continuous effort to improve forecast accuracy and the overall demand planning process.
- Implement any forecast changes resulting from the forecast review.
- Identify and lead the implementation of opportunities to improve forecast accuracy.
- With the sales team and channel managers, establish a set of rules for “consuming the forecast” and for accepting sales orders for forecasted and un-forecasted demand.
- Become the NEMO expert with Netsuite’s Demand Planning module.
- Gather and analyze data in support of Product and Sales teams.
- Identify and report on any significant variances between forecasted sales and NEMO’s budgets and business plans.
- Monitor Available-to-Promise and work with the sales and supply chain teams to address any significant shortages or overages.
- Prepare monthly sell-through reports for key accounts showing YTD actual vs forecast and YOY trends. Identify sales opportunities and review with channel managers.
- Monitor the sales performance of new products and develop a history that can be used as a guide in future launches.
- Work closely with the supply planner to monitor inventory levels and ensure that the supply plan is in alignment with the demand plan.
- Provide input to the supply planner in developing inventory strategies for existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Three or more years of directly relevant work experience, preferably with a consumer products company.
- Strong and direct experience with demand planning, sales forecasting, sales analysis, inventory management, business planning, and reporting.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills, with a mastery of Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be well-organized and detail-oriented, but able to present the big picture.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage cross-functional relationships and to influence business decisions with internal and external partners.
- Must read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
- Passion for the outdoors and outdoor gear.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally up to 10%.
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus.
General Summary of Responsibilities:
This job description is not all-inclusive and is only intended to describe the general nature of the work. All job responsibilities are considered to be essential job functions. Job responsibilities and job requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals as it deems necessary for proper business operations.
How to Apply:
Please contact email@example.com to submit a cover letter and resume, or fill out the form below. Please include the words “Demand Planner” in the subject line of the email. Candidates that look to be a promising fit will be contacted as quickly as possible.