The Position: Senior Marketing and Digital Communications Manager
We are looking for a talented and experienced doer to champion our external communications, including our website and social media. The right person will be passionate about the outdoors and adventure, have excellent writing skills, a background in digital marketing, experience directing video content, an eye for design, a natural talent for messaging and connecting with people, and a history of successful marketing implementation with respected national brands, either directly or through employment at an agency.The right candidate will be clever, quick-witted, deeply creative and an excellent problem solver. We’re a small company—we use our brains where others use big dollars. This role is for someone equally happy thinking strategically and actually doing the work…someone who can see the big picture, but also sketch out ideas and write excellent creative. We don’t use a lot of outside resources…you will need to be a thinker and a doer!Expect hard work. But also a lot of fun and a family-like atmosphere. We have a top-notch team and a beautiful office in an old textile mill in Dover, NH. Most people here ski, surf, bike, backpack, or run. We’re located 15 minutes from historic Portsmouth, 20 minutes to the beach, or an hour to the White Mountains. Well behaved dogs are welcome.If you think you have the right stuff, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
. We will be taking the top applicants and offering a small creative challenge to help us identify the best candidate.We look forward to hearing from you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • In conjunction with senior management, develop short and long term communication strategies to increase brand awareness and drive sales.
- • Develop and manage the marketing communications budget.
- • Develop annual marketing calendar.
- • Design and manage execution of content for digital communications including email, social media, videos, and blog.
- • Drive and execute cohesive brand storytelling and presence across all platforms, including print, electronic, social, POP, and shows and events.
- • Manage outside agencies for email, SEO, and web development. Identify and implement ways to improve content across all digital assets.
- • Work closely with Sales to achieve Direct channel sales goals.
- • Monitor and report on progress of marketing communications and assess the ROI for all initiatives.
- • Use KPIs and other data effectively to make strategic decisions.
- • Oversee the writing and editing and work closely with Graphics on production of all NEMO sales materials, product packaging, and electronic communications, including the website and social media.
- • Provide marketing support to Sales team and be the main point of contact between Sales and Marketing.
- • Work with Design and Sales to identify, create, and launch new product marketing on time with compelling execution.
- • Clearly understand the current outdoor market, including the latest trends, media, key companies and retailers.
- • Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a relevant field.
- • 5-10 or more years of marketing experience.
- • Excellent copywriting ability with examples to support.
- • Strong analytical & computer skills (MS Office, Photoshop, InDesign).
- • Basic understanding of HTML and WordPress.
- • Ability to independently manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- • Must be detail-oriented, but not lose sight of the big picture.
- • Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Must read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
- • Team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage cross-functional relationships and to influence business decisions with internal and external partners.
- • Passion for the outdoors and outdoor gear.
- • Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- • Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.
General Summary of Responsibilities:This job description is not all-inclusive and is only intended to describe the general nature of the work. All job responsibilities are considered to be essential job functions. Job responsibilities and job requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals as it deems necessary for proper business operations. Duties are subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of the Company.