NEMO is a strange place. A job at NEMO is probably different from any job you’ve ever had. It’s probably a lot like the job you’ve always wished you could have.
Remember the feeling of camaraderie that comes with sharing an epic adventure with your best friends? Have you ever turned to a friend while walking in steps you were quite sure had never been taken and remarked that there was absolutely nowhere you would rather be — nothing you would rather be doing? That’s the feeling of working at NEMO.
Like any adventure worth telling stories about, it isn’t always easy. The NEMO team is a small group traveling unsupported over new ground, driven by talent, passion and ambition, depending on each other, making bold moves and taking big risks. For the right person, it’s about the most fun you’ll ever be paid to have. It’s not really like a job at all.
NEMO eagerly accepts applications for all open positions. Please see the positions listed below. If we don’t have the opening you are looking for but your heart is in the outdoor industry, we also recommend checking the Outdoor Industry Association classifieds or the job board at Outdoor Industry Jobs.
The Position: Logistics Coordinator
Below is the position profile – but read between the lines. What we really want is someone who is passionate, someone with enthusiasm – for logistics, the outdoors, great products, and for a job well done. You are a brand ambassador, a creative and able problem-solver, and love a challenge. You work hard and play hard. You get outside and actually use the gear that NEMO makes.
We are located in a newly refurbished and repurposed mill building in downtown Dover, NH. We have a team of outdoor enthusiasts, backpackers, hikers, bikers, surfers, kayakers, skiers, and snowboarders. Send us a resume, sure – but shoot us an email with it to email@example.com, and tell us why you will be an especially great addition to our team. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Mission & Scope:
The primary function of this position is to coordinate transportation of goods from overseas factory partners to international distribution centers and onward to customers in the markets that NEMO serves. Coordinate daily operations between NEMO and its 3PL partners, vendors, distributors, and retail customers, ensuring timely delivery of finished goods, optimally balancing cost and service level.
This position reports to the VP of Outdoor and interfaces with all functions and levels of the NEMO organization, as well as with sales reps, distributors, manufacturing partners, and key suppliers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate transportation of finished goods from overseas factory partners to distribution points all over the world and on to NEMO’s customers, focusing on achieving the best price for the level of service required.
- Coordinate daily operations between NEMO and its 3PL partners, ensuring smooth and timely communication of PO receipts, sales orders, fulfillments, work orders, and notification of any errors or exceptions. Ensure 3PL partners meet NEMO’s service level requirements.
- Process import and export (air/ocean) shipments including preparation of all relevant documentation (commercial invoice, Shipper’s Letter of Instruction, etc.).
- Provide transportation quotes and investigate and recommend optimal shipping options and coordinate with customers/vendors.
- Coordinate and communicate with vendors, freight forwarders, and 3PL partners to track and ensure timely acquisition and delivery of shipments.
- Develop and manage carrier relationships and monitor carrier performance including cost, service, and quality.
- Communicate often and effectively with key stakeholders regarding finished goods logistics.
- Assist in analyzing costs for outbound freight to identify opportunities for improved monitoring and cost savings.
- Establish and maintain logistics procedures and systems, and ensure compliance with state, federal, and international regulations.
- Develop and implement a logistics cost reporting process and reduce logistics cost as a percent of cost of goods sold on an annual basis.
- Coordinate cycle and year-end inventory counts.
- Troubleshoot and promptly resolve logistics issues as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- 2 or more years of international logistics experience.
- Strong analytical & computer skills (MS Office).
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of INCO terms and the harmonized tariff system; demonstrated ability to create commercial invoices and prepare documentation for customs clearance.
- Must be detail-oriented, but able to present the big picture.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Must read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
- Team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage cross-functional relationships and to influence business decisions with internal and external partners.
- Passion for the outdoors and outdoor gear.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally up to 10%.
- Hands on experience with ERP, data mining and reporting, and/or EDI implementation a plus.
General Summary of Responsibilities:
This job description is not all-inclusive and is only intended to describe the general nature of the work. All job responsibilities are considered to be essential job functions. Job responsibilities and job requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals as it deems necessary for proper business operations. Duties are subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of the Company.